(from L to R: Elixir, Funky Fresh, Golda, Humm, Craft, High Country, KBI, Health-Ade, Bootleg Bucha)
On Wednesday, March 22nd, KBI members from around the United States converged in Washington DC to educate lawmakers about our growing industry and regulatory needs. In total, 15 member brand attended 28 meetings with members of Congress and the Senate. After a long day on the Hill talking about the KOMBUCHA Act, everyone was invited to attend a Kombucha tasting reception on the Hill. We had a fantastic turn out as over 100 different Hill staffers came out to nosh and enjoy some booch (some were seen squirreling bottles away as they left!).
KBI hopes that this buzz will turn into additional bipartisan co-sponsor signatures for the bills in the House and the Senate. Since it deals specifically with updating the tax code, the goal is to include it in any bills that might be up for a vote on the issue of tax reform.
Thank you to those who attended the Hill Climb:
Aqua ViTea Kombucha (VT)
BAO Food & Drink (NJ)
Blue Ridge Bucha (VA)
Bootleg Bucha (NY)
Craft Kombucha (DC)
Elixir Kombucha (KY)
Funky Fresh (PA)
Golda Kombucha (GA)
GT’s Kombucha (CA)
Health-Ade Kombucha (CA)
High Country Kombucha (CO)
Holy Kombucha (TX)
Humm Kombucha (OR)
Ninja Kombucha (VA)
Sole Kombucha (PA)
WANT TO GET INVOLVED? HERE’S HOW:
- Send your Congressperson and Senator an email requesting their support.
- Not sure who that is – use this handy online tool to find their info.
- Invite your Congressperson/Senator to visit your facility when they are next in-state.
- Traveling to DC or your state capitol? Set up a meeting with your Rep or Senator. Email KBI to get a copy of the talking points.
- Stay tuned to the KBI newsletter for updates on how else you can be involved!