Our next Capitol Hill Climb to support the KOMBUCHA Act is NEXT WEEK. This is a unique networking opportunity for ANY USA based Kombucha brewers to not only exercise their rights as US citizens but also to share quality time with fellow brewers. Here are all of the great things we do on our biannual Hill Climbs!
- Network with fellow brewers and save money by sharing accommodations in the KBI Airbnb
- Learn the ropes of lobbying with experienced brewers
- Advocate for your industry
- Create valuable relationship building skills with lawmakers
- Join us in Washington DC on 9/25
- Airbnb House 9/24-9/26 (leave morning of 9/26)
- Dinner 9/24 & post lobbying meetup at The Dubliner 9/25, leave the morning of 9/26
- Specifically looking for companies from Maine, Indiana, Montana, South Carolina, Florida and anyone who is close enough to drive in from New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Vermont, New Hampshire, or any other eastern seaboard state to join us –
- ** NON KBI MEMBERS also welcome to join us – We fight for your rights too!
If you are available to join us, please contact KBI at email@example.com to receive updated information as it becomes available.
We are booking an Airbnb that will be located near the Congressional offices, so please let us asap then if you would like to stay with us. The final cost is a LOT less expensive than renting a hotel room and allows all of us to share space, break bread and have fun!
We had a productive Hill Climb in DC! We had nine brands from six different states gathered in Washington DC to exercise their rights and educate lawmakers about the KOMBUCHA Act. We attended a total of 19 meetings with members of the Senate Finance Committee, House Ways & Means Committee as well as with Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY). Stay tuned to your email box as we will be asking Kombucha brewers across the nation to sign letters exhorting their Congresspeople & Senators to support our legislation. If you’d like to volunteer to be the lead member in your state or district, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thanks again to:
BABA’s Brew, Olga Sorzano, PA
Craft Kombucha, Tanya Mangiyo, DC
Friend of Kombucha, Marian Flaxman, DC
GT’s Kombucha, Rick Martin, CA
Health-Ade, Amelia Winslow, CA
Hex Ferments, Shane Carpenter, MD
High Country, Shane Dickman, CO
Katboocha, Kat Schwartz, NY
Pilot Kombucha, Alex Ingalls, NY